1.04.2016

Meet Cabes

Inspired by my friend, Courtney, who was inspired by our friend, Diane, I am going to attempt to post at least once a week this year.  Whew! It's a lofty goal for me, but it's time to come back to life.

First things first: An Introduction!

Caleb James joined our family on a cold dark night in February, 2015. February 10th. He was my biggest baby by a pound, and I really should dedicate a full post to his birth, but not yet. This is just a quick catch up. So, without further ado...Caleb!













 

The last one was taken just yesterday.  He's almost 11 months now and is walking all over! He's brought so much happiness to our family and all of his siblings think he's just the best baby in the world. He knows how to cheer up even the crankiest brother or console the saddest sister.  They simply can't help but smile when he's around and he seems to really be aware of their feelings.


Personally, I love this sweet boy with all my heart. He soothes my soul. He's smart and busy, but also peaceful and content. And he has BROWN hair! It's not dark brown, but it's the darkest we've had.  It's funny seeing him with Jane.  She's so fair and petite and he's big and dark.  She'll take his hands and walk backwards all over the house, leading him from room to room faster than he could go on his own.  He'll go along with her schemes.


I should say, we rarely call him Caleb. It's almost always Cabes, Cabey, Cubby, or Cubs. And his only real downside is that he only like sleeping in my arms, and even then not very soundly. He likes to nurse OFTEN. And frankly, I'm too tired to not nurse him when he wakes up, so he'll eat, then settle back into his favorite spot. 

This was just this morning...and there are many more just like it.




But as tired as I am, I still find it endearing. He likes to be close, and I can't say that's a bad thing. So if I make no sense sometimes, just know I'm sleep deprived, but it's for a good cause.:) It keeps him happy. and chubby.

We're so grateful he's part of our family, and he seems pretty happy to be here.


(and, yes. It has been over 2.5 years since my last post... :/ )

4 comments:

  1. I just love this family. It's a mighty work that you are about. And each of those little sprouts is becoming an exceptional person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great and unexpected news. You are back! I watched Caleb's walking video on Facebook many times. I just couldn't get enough of his personality. I can see even in that video what you mean about him being aware of others' feelings. It's like he was taking steps just to please all his family! I will look forward to his birth story :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caleb is sooooo cute! And I love that he has brown hair!

    ReplyDelete

what do you think?