2.13.2010

productivity

I am using Kevin's laptop, so no pictures...but I thought I'd report on my cleaning frenzy before no one really cares anymore (assuming you cared a little in the first place)

My cleaning day turned into a 3-day cleaning marathon.

On day 1 I:
Did all of the dishes and cleaned the kitchen (thanks mom and Elizabeth)
cleaned off all counters (thanks Brynn)
cleaned the microwave and stove top (including the sick little knobs)
de-junked 2 my 2 junk drawers (thanks Kylie)
did 6 loads of laundry (Thanks Lex and Brynn, this was probably the most daunting task)
organized the toy closet
organized my desk (I was really on a roll)
Scrubbed the bathroom on the main floor, including bath and toilet (thanks Cat and Sara, I don't think my toilet has been this clean in all the time we've lived here)
Had dinner cooking in the crock pot all day (thanks Jill!)


On day 2 I:
started with a to do list (thanks Caitlin, this kept me going)
swept and mopped the kitchen and dining room (thanks Cat and Brynn, what a lift!)
did 1 load of laundry
scrubbed my table, chairs and highchair (they were very crusty)
vacuumed the main level

On day 3 I:
did 1 more load of laundry(all done!)
cleaned out my fridge (thanks meg) it really needed to be done...but I was going to let myself off the hook since no one specifically said it. It feels great to have it clean when I (or Kevin, usually Kevin) come home from the grocery store and it's time to put the food away.

Thank you all so much for your encouragement. I had a slight Ella Enchanted complex on that first day. You'd mention it, and I felt that I had no choice but to obey. Needless to say, I was always a little relieved when a comment wouldn't include a specific task. And Faith, I was about to follow your advice and take a little nap (what a great suggestion!), when the phone beeped again and it was a comment from Kylie, telling me to clean out my junk drawer. I'm still waiting for that elusive nap!

BUT Austin slept for 11 hours last night!! It seems we've turned a happy corner in a few ways around here.

I'll add pictures to this post if I ever get the chance.

On a more romantic note...

6 years ago today Kev and I went on our first date. 6 years ago tomorrow, we held hands at the planetarium. It was the most odd feeling, being so sure about someone in such a short amount of time. I hadn't had many boyfriends before him, though I dated quite a bit. I just wasn't very committed to anyone and avoided setting my cap on any ONE person. Then I went out with Kevin. He was in Provo and I came down from Rexburg, Idaho to go out with him. It was a 3 day weekend. We went out on Friday, spent all day Saturday together, then all day Sunday, then all day Monday and he kissed me on the cheek when we said goodbye that night. When I returned to Rexburg, a guy I'd gone on a few dates with asked me out for that weekend. I didn't want to go out with him, or anyone else who wasn't Kevin. That night when Kevin called, I said something eloquent like:

"uuummm...so I was sortof wondering...well, the thing is...so this guy asked me out... and .. umm...the thing is....so, I just didn't know what to tell him...because, well...ummm...Are we dating?"

He responded by saying "I don't want to go out with anyone else, if that's what you're asking." I could hear the smile in his voice.

And neither of us ever went out with anyone else ever again.

Love. What a great feeling.

7 comments:

  1. That is the cutest story I've ever read. The love story, not the cleaning story. The cleaning story, however, is the awesomest story I've ever read. I am inspired, Natalie! You are one woman on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job on all the chores, really! I need to have a day like that, but really it would just be you telling me what to do ;) so I should just make the to-do list and actually DO it! but what I love the most is your romantic story!! it's sooo sweet :) That's awesome that you just knew you had found him. It's the BEST feeling ever when you realize you've found your souls mate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH what a love story...I especially enjoyed reading your conversation.

    I don't know how you did all those chores! Maybe I ought to try an intervention. :)

    I hope I'm not commenting too late at night and wake you all up. I've never heard of having your phone let you know. Maybe someday you could do a blog about that because I'd love to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hokey smacks Nat! You went to town...seriously you must be exhausted, but feel oh, so GOOD!!! Austin sure picked the right time to put in the 11 hours heh? Thanks for the love story too...perfect for my bedtime reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on the cleaning! You (potentially) could inspire me to go on a frenzy myself. :) Enjoy the anniversary weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Natalie! I am so glad you found my blog. Now we can really keep tabs on each other. It looks like life is going well for you and your cute family. I took a peek at your Moms blog. I am so excited about it, any time I have a question about being a mom I know where to go. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natalie, I was curious what kinds of cleaning products and methods you use. Mind sharing?

    ReplyDelete

what do you think?