2.21.2011

It's monday, I'm in love

Christina (you may know her from her wonderful blog) took these for me on Friday.
Such a treasure, I can't even tell you.  He was very wiggley, but she managed to get some beautiful pictures:
 My mom made this quilt for Adam:
Don't you love this shot?
 
His fuzzy hair is lightening up, as you can see.  It was inevitable, I'm afraid.



I think there is nothing like pictures of one's child to stir up feelings of love, gratitude, satisfaction.

I am so very grateful for this little baby.  He is six weeks old and has seemed to transition overnight from newborn to baby.  Digestion no longer seems to be such a trying ordeal, sleep seems to have fallen into more predicatable (though not ideal) patterns, and a new awareness has seemed to take hold.  We're getting little glimpses of smiles, longer periods of peaceful contentment, new levels of eye contact.  I'm just crazy for him.  We all are really.  He is my easiest baby so far and what a happy surprise that is.  My mom's fifth baby (Marlee) was colicky and I half expected Adam to be the same. 

From his birth, Adam has had a soft, intoxicating personality.  As determined as we were to be happy, no matter what, he seems equally determined to be completely lovable.  As it turn out, we're both getting our way. 

Thank you again Chistina!  See her wonderful photography website here.

5 comments:

  1. Those are so precious. Really. He is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I LOVE the photos! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's adorable! Thanks for letting me get to know him a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this post yesterday and I've been thinking about it on and off ever since. I keep thinking about how you made a determination to wake up happy, despite your very busy tiring days. Sounds like Adam was thinking the same thing.

    He is such a beautiful baby, just like his 4 brothers.m

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous. The boy, the blanket, and the photos. :)

    ReplyDelete

what do you think?