4.23.2009

Home

I do miss Washington. My family moved there when I was almost 16 and although I only spent a few years there before going to college it is home to me. Marlee (sister #2) is flying home this morning for a week-long visit and I can't help but feel jealous. When Spring arrives I always start aching for the 20+ acres of wooded dreamland. I love the green, fresh, peaceful feeling there and I love the people.

Five of my younger siblings are still living at home so the house is full of people who love my kids almost as much as I do. Even though a visit home means our little family all squeezes into one room and sleep is hard to come by, it will forever be my favorite vacation spot. Kevin is kind enough to indulge me and we go at least twice a year. He's deeply loved now and I'm happy to say they almost prefer him over me...

My mom is my close friend and it just feels wrong that we are so far apart. Good thing Kevin is so nice to me, or I just couldn't stand it. Also, Heavenly Father keeps giving me good friends to fill in the gaps and voids. Today I felt especially grateful as I spent the afternoon with a friend who was easy to connect with and wasn't intimidated by my many boys. The kind of friend who is as entertaining as she is kind. I hope I can return the favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do you think?