5.09.2009

Mothers Day

To my boys on Mothers Day eve:

I just want all of you to know how much I love, love being a mom, your mom. 5 years ago your dad and I had only begun daring to talk of marriage, and now here we all are. I knew I wanted to be a mom, and I had a good idea of what that meant. Your grandma taught me that even in a changing world, I would never regret devoting my life to you. She showed by example what it means to create a safe and loving environment within a home, a place where a child can "grow in his own sweet way" and learn to love the Lord. I only hope I can follow that example.

I remember each of your births, the spirit each of you brought, the change in our family dynamic. I have spent countless hours holding your squishy bodies, smelling your fuzzy heads. You are growing so fast! You may like that idea, but I do not. Stay little, will you?

Austin, you need me right now (how appropriate), so I will finish this letter tomorrow.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do you think?