10.08.2009

I wouldn't trade.

Yesterday I watched Stephanie Nielson on Oprah. I don't normally watch Oprah but I was excited to see this episode. I am inspired by Stephanie, as she always makes me feel happy and blessed in my role as a mom. She really looked beautiful. It was motivating to watch.

As I lay in bed nursing Austin last night, I thought about Oprah. Her little empire. Her brief tribute to stay-at-home moms yesterday. Her life. How would it be to be so rich and powerful? To have whatever I wanted.

Then I looked down at my baby. His chubby hand absentmindedly rubbing up and down my arm as he nursed with his eyes closed. And I was very, very content.

2 comments:

  1. I have also thought of Oprah randomly when I am cleaning the boys' pee of the toilet for the 100th time that week. She probably hasn't had to clean a toilet in 30 years!!! But at the same time, that woman knows NOTHING about growing and stretching and learning because she's never been selfless enough to consider having a child.

    $ cannot buy happiness, nor can it buy anything like the experience of having a children.

    Plus, she REAAAAALLY bothers me. But I'm so sad I missed Stephanie! Do you have it recorded?

    ReplyDelete
  2. To the comment above they have a little clip on Oprah.com

    I loved watching Stephanie. I really think she is beautiful. I love Oprah.

    I wonder what it would be like to be that rich as well. It would be no nice not to have to cook or do the laundry!

    ReplyDelete

what do you think?