10.09.2009

random ramblings

on chicken:
We bought 20 whole seasoned chickens the other day because they were only .39/lb. Great deal. But I've been up to my elbows in chicken ever since. I cook them, de-bone them, freeze them and have one going in the crock pot at all times. The scent of baking chicken seems to be permeating every soft surface of the house. It's not an awful smell, but it isn't pretty either.

on carrot bones:
Yesterday I was in the middle of making chicken pot pie when Jack came over to see what I was up to. He looked in the sink, which was full of chicken bones, onion, celery tops, and carrot peels. "what is that?" He asked, pointing. "Just chicken bones," I replied. Jack seemed to like the idea of bones in our sink. "Oh! And carrot bones?" he asked. "Yes, and carrot bones too." Very exciting.

on sleep:
Taylor took a good nap yesterday, and it really makes a world of difference for him. And I think Austin slept 7 hours last night. He sleeps right by my bed, but I cannot be sure if he woke up in the middle there sometime because I'm so darn tired. I very well may have woken up to his cries, fed him, and returned him to his bed at 3 am without any recollection of the ordeal. But I feel like that wasn't the case, so I'm hoping we've turned a corner. I've become quite capable of functioning on very little sleep these last 4 years, but a good stretch of uninterrupted sleep does wonders for me.

on the weekend:
With Kevin out of town two weeks ago, and general conference last week, we haven't had a very productive weekend in a long while. I'm really looking forward to this one. Deep cleaning and finishing up projects that have been waiting for too long. Going to the last yard sales of the season with Nicole. Getting our yard ready for winter. May it all live up to my expectations. Have a great one!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for deboning all those chickens. I know it isn't fun, but the meals you make are delicious. You're great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I can just see you with all these poor dead chickens all over the place ;^) we made pot pie the other day too! So good! Noel MUST have a nap too. I don't have any suggestions for you though - sorry :^/ I totally understand the - how many times did the baby wake up last night? thing. For the last couple of weeks Ty has been in the other room when Eric's home (when he isn't home I get lazy and keep him in bed with me). It has been good because he has been waking up at 5:30am thinking on some planet it is time to wake up. Well, last night I was so tired I know he woke up at 10:30 and 2:30.... But then besides Noel coming into my room at 4 (??!!), I THINK he slept until 6:45... But I'm not totally sure... Hummm, well I guess the Lord knows we need some sleep sometimes, right?

    ReplyDelete

what do you think?