11.15.2009

The Primary Program


Today Jack participated in his first primary program. I went to the practice with him yesterday because he was nervous about sitting on the stand without me. He is so sweet and perhaps a little too attached because he teared up a few times and came to sit with me, get a pep talk, then bravely head back up. By the end, he seemed to be okay with it but I'd be lying if I told you I felt at all certain that today would be any better.

It wasn't.

We sat three rows from the front where he would be able to see us. I'm still not sure if that was a good idea. When the time came he marched right up with the rest of them, but things went sour within two minutes. He cried, came down to me, went back up, did his part (saying "I feel special and happy"), sang, cried, came down...after he came down the second time I told him if he did it again he would just have to stay sitting with us because he was being a distraction. But I had Austin sleeping in my arms and Kevin was sitting on the other end of the bench entertaining the other two. So up and down he went. That little punk. Everyone was really nice about it, said it was cute, entertaining, etc. I feel lucky to be in such an understanding ward. They really are great. When he was singing, Kev and I were bursting with pride. I really love that kid.

We've stuck to our goal of reading scriptures with the boys every night. Some nights it seems utterly pointless, while others I feel like their little minds are getting it. Here are a few pictures from last night. Austin doesn't normally sit with them. And they aren't normally sitting so still. But it did my heart good to see them all like this. It was one of the good nights. Sorry about the low quality pictures. They're taken with Kevin's phone as our camera never seems to have batteries when I need it.


1 comment:

what do you think?