3.25.2010

seven pounds

Today I told Kevin we got a new netflix movie in the mail, "seven pounds."

"Oh, that's too bad." he said. "We really need to update our queue." (he's the only one that manages it.)

"What's wrong with that movie?" I asked. "I don't even know what it's about."

"It's just not the sort of movie you'd want to watch on a Friday night" (this means it's not a manly movie)

"Why not?" I asked.

"Oh, it's like a feel good movie." he said.

then added:

"and it makes you gain weight...though I'm not sure how much."


Oh kevin.

4 comments:

  1. That's funny. It reminds me of when Josh and I are trying to agree on a movie. We both sort of want our type of show, but we try to make the other want it too, because ultimately we want us both to enjoy it. I love how he was trying to make you turned off the movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. David and I agreed that next time we go to Redbox, we'll get one manly movie and one girly movie, and make a marathon out of it. The deal is, though, that we have to watch them both together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw it for free (my company took us all to go see it). I don't think it really qualifies as a feel-good movie. Just my two cents, but it's kind of poorly written.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah, the movie dilemma... for the record, you can skip 7 pounds. I was not at all glad I watched it. It's supposed to be a deep thinking movie I think, but I just found it a little disturbing. And speaking of movies, did I ever tell you that I loved what you wrote about Avatar? After I read it, I had Scott come read it and said, now tell me if you think this sounds exactly like something I would write. He read it and said "that's almost creepy how much it sounds like you". And he was glad our little girl's name is Natalie. :) Also, I'm going to be in your neck of the woods soon and I totally want to get together. I'll call you. For reals this time :)

    ReplyDelete

what do you think?