4.27.2010

shawty

It was a good weekend.  A haircut, house guests, yard sales, good food, new jeans, worship, connecting.

My hair is rather short and I feel bald. It's funny how short hair is, how drastic change makes me do a double take in the mirror and makes me feel like I need to "pull-off" my clothes more, compensate for my lack of hair.  I'm glad I did it, but it is short.

I took this while on the phone with my mom.  Real cute, huh?  Anyway.  It's easy to do, but I tend to make it a little too poofy.  Kevin likes it more than "any other time I've had my hair cut short" and his eyes looked loving and sincere so I guess that's encouraging. I'm never so in tune to his expression as when getting his reaction to my appearance when I'm unsure of it myself.  I think I'll only like it more and more in the next several weeks. 

Gap had an additional 40% off clearance, so I bought some hot jeans for $10.  I can't remember the last time I bought NEW jeans.  It's been a while. It had also been a long while since I'd bought a swim suit, so I ordered one off ebay yesterday.  I'll fer sure post pictures of myself in it once it arrives.  fer sure. =)   

That's all I've got for you today.  When family is around and the weather is fine, I lose some enthusiasm for blogging.  Austin is taking steps, that should be noted.  We got a video of his first steps, but it is on Kevin's phone and not uploading.  He's so cute.  He's also started using his eyebrows more expressively and I love his little round face.  

7 comments:

  1. Love the new cut...you pull it off really well! I am in desperate need of a shorter do myself and perhaps a some new color.

    Enjoy the warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie, I am so glad you went short! I love short on you! Enjoy the weather. See you next winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!

    Oh and we got $180 from the piggy bank but I think we are just going to put it in savings. I keep telling Sean he should buy himself something special but he is Mr. Practical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your hair. I was going to tell you when I saw you Sunday, but didn't get the opportunity!

    I enjoy reading your blog...so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. poof away-it looks great! I hate how when you get your hair cut short, you love it love it love it...and then you take a shower...and have cutting remorse when it feels like you have no hair! not fair brain, I want to feel pretty all the time.
    yay for new jeans :)
    can't wait to see the video of Austin's first steps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! Haven't checked in in a while and you go getting a cute new haircut? You have the cutest hair Natalie.
    Good girl on the new jeans too...sometimes momma needs a treat :)

    ReplyDelete

what do you think?